I am deeply introverted. Like I have never once gotten to the point where I felt like I spent too much time alone and maybe it was time to socialize. Like, no matter how much I like or love you, I will have second thoughts about going out. Like, if you gave me a tiny cabin in the middle of nowhere with woods nearby, I might think it was heaven.
I could wile away endless hours alone, well, as long as my dogs are there.
Dogs are highly social animals, so why would I be able to tolerate so much together time with them?
- No small talk. Ever.
- They’re hilarious. I laugh my head off at my dogs endlessly, which is a mood lifter.
- We can go hours with no interaction.
- They’re never upset with me. As many introverts are, I’m a highly sensitive person. I avoid conflict and disharmony whenever possible, and my dogs never create any negativity.
- They don’t watch TV or use electronics, so they create little noise pollution.
- Their soft, supple warmth fills my soul.
- They wait patiently for me. (Even when I’m in the bathroom).
- They can’t eat chocolate, so my stash is safe!