“Runner Girl” is a title I wear with pride. I have nothing but love and respect for the phenomenal women with whom I share the name. I love being a runner girl for many reasons, but here are the top 10.
- This feels incredible. There is nothing like the feeling of accomplishment that comes with crossing the finish line of a race.
- I love to eat, and I do mean love.
- My 72-year-old mom is a long-time runner girl, and she can still run, jump, and play monster tag with her grandkids and great grandkids, and still loves going for hikes in the mountains! I want to be like my mom!
- I have the best running buddy ever!
- I’m a glutton for punishment.
- I want to be a healthy role model for my kids.
- I’m a happier, more productive wife and mother when I take the time to workout.
- I love me some endocannabinoids!
- In the event of a zombie apocalypse, running is a major survival skill!
- It’s good for my marriage. Not only is running great self care, and good physical fitness, it’s a way for my husband to tangibly show me he cares by taking over the house and kids for an hour or two so I can get my run in. He knows that my primary love language is sending me out for a run!
Being a runner girl is one of the greatest aspects of my life. Taking up the sport has been a game changer for me in every way. I am thankful for my mother as a role model, and thankful for the chance to be a role model for my kids, as well as keep myself healthy and strong, mentally, physically, spiritually and relationally.